We are excited to bring Eat Algoma to the farm community! We hope you will join us to celebrate the Harvest!
This year we are partnering with the Sylvan Circle Artist and Artisan Tour on Saturday September 17th to celebrate local food at Johnson Township Community Centre (Desbarats Arena).
Eat Algoma 2016 Menu
This third annual event features a “Farm to Fork” style paring, where local restaurants and chefs are paired with local food suppliers to create the following delicious bite size appetizers and desserts:
- Shabby Motley & Valleyfield Farm – Caramelized leek & goat cheese tart featuring Valleyfield’s fresh herbs and leeks
- Café Natura, Agawa Fishery & Jardin Farm – Local fish stew featuring Agawa Fishery’s local fish and Jardin Farms’ fresh vegetables
- Fred Falls Catering, Valleyfield Farm and Grand North Bison – Pulled pork or bison sliders featuring Valleyfield’s pork and Grand North Bison
- Cordelia Plant-Based Meals – Pumpkin seed brownies
- St. Joseph Island Coffee Roasters – Fairtrade teas and coffee available
This year’s festival will also feature an assortment of vendors including Lock City Dairies with milk and ice cream tasting; Algoma Highlands wild blueberry farm & winery; and Johnson Farmers’ Market will be operating as usual under the pavilion.
Live music from local bands The Wildman Sisters and The Frantic Young will be playing throughout the day, along with family friendly events and kid’s activities.
Tickets are now for sale at Scotiabank.
Eat Algoma is brought to you by the Rural Agri-Innovation Network (RAIN), an initiative to build a resilient farm and food sector in northern Ontario through innovative research and agricultural development projects. For more about RAIN’s research program and projects, visit the RAIN website.
Are you a chef who is passionate about supporting local?
Thank you Eat Algoma Sponsors!